Immigration Resources

Welcome to our immigration resources page. The goal of this page is to keep you up-to-date with everything immigration related in the United States from processes and procedures, to current news events.


CPT: This stands for Curricular Practical Training. This is for F-1 students who are currently pursuing their field of study, but need to pursue an internship requirement to graduate. If you need to complete an internship, please review this with your international advisor.

OPT: This stands for Optional Practical Training. This is temporary employment for practical training directly related to the student’s major area of study. This is open to F-1 students to gain professional experience in the field.

For CPT/OPT information, please click here.

H-1B Visa

H-1B: After completing time on OPT, if you want to continue employment you will need to be sponsored for an H-1B visa. This is employment authorization obtained when your employer files an application with USCIS.

For H-1B information, please click here.

Make a Change

Read about ways you can inspire positive change for current and future international students in the United States.

Click here to visit our “Make a Change” page.

Immigration News

Latest news stories related to immigration, please click here.


  • 15th Apr, 2014

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.